We are a leading European intellectual property firm, acting for many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Our specialist teams are led by practitioners who have been at the forefront of the industry for years, acting in landmark cases before the EPO and the national courts of Europe.
We hire talented and passionate people who think creatively and enjoy a challenge. Working collaboratively, we share our knowledge and experience across teams, actively learning from each other in a friendly and sociable environment.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diversity of thought is vital to our business; it’s how we approach challenges differently and offer our clients creative and original solutions. Through our work with organisations such as IP Inclusive, Stonewall and Business in the Community via the Race at Work Charter, we are putting the right steps in place to make sure that all our people feel supported and empowered to be themselves. Further information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion is available on our website.
A healthy work/life balance is very important to us and we run regular wellbeing events in addition to the large number of clubs and social activities that are available to everyone at the firm. We are also enthusiastic supporters of our local community through partnerships with the Social Mobility Foundation and Holborn Community Association.
Who we are looking for
We have ongoing opportunities for exceptional part-qualified or qualified patent attorneys to join our Biotechnology, Chemistry and Engineering & Tech teams. We embrace diversity and would like to hear from talented and passionate individuals from a wide range of backgrounds. You enjoy thinking strategically and working collaboratively and are passionate about using your technical excellence to deliver a first-class service to our clients.
Suitable candidates will ideally have
- Part or full qualification in the UK and EQE exams.
- An excellent academic background.
- A sense of commerciality: an appreciation of how IP and regulatory data protection impact the life cycle of a product.
- An excellent command of both written and spoken English, and strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent time management and organisational skills.
- An innate interest in the world of business as well as the IP profession.
- A passion and aptitude for problem-solving.
- A keen eye for detail.
- An interest in coaching, guiding and mentoring trainees as appropriate.
Successful candidates will benefit from
- A variety of interesting work for a broad range of clients.
- A significant amount of opposition, appeal and SPC matters
- Involvement in cases that shape the law before the Technical Boards of Appeal, the Enlarged Board of Appeal, and/or the Court of Justice of the European Union.
- A collaborative and sociable team-based working environment, with a healthy approach to work//life balance.
- A meritocratic and autonomous culture, where you will be responsible for your own case-load and work for multiple partners.
- Exceptional training for UK and EQE qualifications and beyond.
- The opportunity to work across multiple practice groups, subject to project requirements and area of expertise.
- An excellent remuneration and benefits package.
- A range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where individual differences are celebrated, and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We do not tolerate discrimination either directly or indirectly on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, pregnancy and maternity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our approach is embodied in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, as well as our diversity and inclusion programmes.
Please note that we do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment consultants unless specifically requested.