We are a leading European intellectual property firm, acting for many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Our specialist teams are led by practitioners who have been at the forefront of the industry for years, acting in landmark cases before the EPO and the national courts of Europe.
We hire talented and passionate people who think creatively and enjoy a challenge. Working collaboratively, we share our knowledge and experience across teams, actively learning from each other in a friendly and sociable environment.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diversity of thought is vital to our business; it’s how we approach challenges differently and offer our clients creative and original solutions. Through our work with organisations such as IP Inclusive, Stonewall and Business in the Community via the Race at Work Charter, we are putting the right steps in place to make sure that all our people feel supported and empowered to be themselves. Further information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion is available on our website.
A healthy work/life balance is very important to us and we run regular wellbeing events in addition to the large number of clubs and social activities that are available to everyone at the firm. We are also enthusiastic supporters of our local community through partnerships with the Social Mobility Foundation and Holborn Community Association.
Who we are looking for
We have ongoing opportunities for exceptional part-qualified or qualified patent attorneys to join
our Engineering and Tech team. We embrace diversity and would like to hear from talented and passionate individuals from a wide range of backgrounds.
You enjoy thinking strategically and working collaboratively and are passionate about using your
technical excellence to deliver a first-class service to our clients.
Suitable candidates will ideally have
• A dual qualification, with areas of specialism including electrical engineering, electronics, computer science, physics, IT, and technology.
• Motivation and confidence, with long term aspirations. This is an exciting time to join the firm and we would like to hear from candidates who have a genuine interest in business development and client relationship management. You will be keen to get involved with client pitches and to build and maintain successful working relationships.
• An interest in coaching, guiding and mentoring trainees, and positively influencing their ongoing development.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Strong time management and organisational skills.
Successful candidates will benefit from
• Drafting and prosecution work, and the opportunity to be involved in contentious matters including EPO oppositions and appeals, FTO analysis and litigation support.
• Involvement in high-value work with a broad range of clients who care about their IP and entrust us with demanding cases that are critical to their global portfolios and litigation strategies.
• A meritocratic and autonomous culture, where attorneys are responsible for managing their own caseload and work with multiple supervisors.
• Opportunities for career development and progression.
• Depending on project requirements and area of expertise, the opportunity to work across multiple practice groups.
• A collaborative, inclusive and sociable team-based working environment, with many opportunities to contribute both professionally and socially.
• An excellent remunerations and benefits package.
• A healthy approach to work/life balance with a range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where individual differences are celebrated, and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We do not tolerate discrimination either directly or indirectly on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, pregnancy and maternity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our approach is embodied in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, as well as our diversity and inclusion programmes.
Please note that we do not accept speculative CVs from recruitment consultants unless specifically requested.