When an entrepreneur named James Poole founded the firm that is now Carpmaels & Ransford back in 1776, he established a legacy that has shaped the world of intellectual property for over 200 years.
Today, from its offices in London and Munich, Carpmaels & Ransford is a formidable presence in European intellectual property, acting on behalf of some of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Never complacent, we are continually expanding our knowledge and experience by recruiting the brightest graduates and sharing our knowledge within the firm and throughout the profession.
We have the largest specialist life sciences group on one site in Europe. We protect some of the most commercially valuable pharma products in the world, and many of our biotech cases form the basis of EPO case law. We are also engaged by some of the world’s pre-eminent technology companies.
Our clients are diverse, from large corporates through to start-ups. With long standing client relationships in the US, Asia and across Europe, we are deeply involved in managing some of the world’s leading brands and IP portfolios.
Our collaborative ethos informs everything we do, both in work and outside of it. The wide range of sports, clubs and charity initiatives sponsored by the firm are just one of the ways in which we encourage teamwork and a healthy work/life balance.
What you can expect as Design & Digital Executive
As a member of our support team, the Design & Digital Executive has a key role in making sure that C&R partners and technical assistants have the very best support and resources when it comes to marketing themselves and the firm.
Reporting to the Marketing Manager, you are responsible for delivery of a range of marketing support services, including:
• Responsibility for design and production of marketing collateral promoting our firm credentials and key services.
• Support the Marketing manager on the implementation of the social media strategy and supporting programme of activity encompassing Twitter and LinkedIn.
• Reporting on key metrics relating to the firm’s social media channels.
• Production of business development support materials, as required.
• Production of infographics to support website articles and other materials as required.
• Graphic design support for recruitment activities including posters, online adverts, and brochure updates etc.
• Video editing (Premier pro or other) to an appropriate standard for external and internal distribution.
• Podcast creation – devise and implement a programme of podcasts to support the brand awareness of the firm.
• Other tasks and supporting the function, as appropriate.
What we are looking for
You will be self-motivated and excited by new challenges, with an analytical mind, excellent attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure (from time to time). You will enjoy interfacing with a diverse range of people and have the ability to deliver on brief. Establishing credibility and rapport with the colleagues and the firm’s partners is something you will relish, and you will have composure and good judgement.
Suitable candidates will possess
• A qualification in graphic design.
• Solid experience in design, digital or marketing roles.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent attention to detail.
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office, Adobe suite (including premier pro, illustrator, Photoshop and InDesign).
• Experience of Podcast production or implementation would be useful.
In accordance with our equal opportunities policy, we will provide equal opportunities to any employee or job applicant, and will not discriminate either directly or indirectly because of race, sex, sexual orientation, transgender status, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, or pregnancy and maternity.