We are a leading European intellectual property firm, acting for many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Our specialist teams are led by practitioners who have been at the forefront of the industry for years, acting in landmark cases before the EPO and the national courts of Europe.
We hire talented and passionate people who think creatively and enjoy a challenge. Working collaboratively, we share our knowledge and experience across teams, actively learning from each other in a friendly and sociable environment.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diversity of thought is vital to our business; it’s how we approach challenges differently and offer our clients creative and original solutions. Through our work with organisations such as IP Inclusive, Stonewall and Business in the Community via the Race at Work Charter, we are putting the right steps in place to make sure that all our people feel supported and empowered to be themselves Further information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion is available on our website.
A healthy work/life balance is very important to us and we run regular wellbeing events in addition to the large number of clubs and social activities that are available to everyone at the firm. We are also enthusiastic supporters of our local community through partnerships with the Social Mobility Foundation and Holborn Community Association.
Reporting to the Director of Marketing & BD you are responsible for delivery of a range of content focused projects, including:
• Developing and implementing a regular programme of content to support the BD objectives of the firm. This will include maintaining a calendar of content and ensuring awareness in the wider team.
• Writing news articles for the firm website to cover topics such as Directory rankings, Diversity & Inclusion initiatives, Partner and Senior Associate promotions.
• Collaborating with senior fee earners to develop content including:
o Website articles
o Sector reports
o Infographics and other creative outputs (with the support of the Design & Digital Executive)
• Developing article content with fee earners in line with the BD objectives of the firm.
• Developing a consistent tone of voice for all C&R communications and implementing this across content for all platforms including:
o The firm website
o The firm intranet
o Briefing notes and news articles
o Social media platforms including LinkedIn and Twitter
• Production and review of business development support materials and directory submissions.
• Production of materials to support the recruitment of new members of the firm including job descriptions, case studies and information for lateral candidates, with the support of the Talent Acquisition Manager.
• Review and proof reading of documents for consistency and tone of voice for client activities (such as the bi-monthly webinar hand outs and case reviews).
• Collation, production, and delivery of the monthly internal newsletter.
• Collation, production, and delivery of the monthly Knowledge & Training Update.
• Staying up to date with developments and trends and proactively providing guidance on content.
• Proofreading and editing content for internal and external distribution.
• Administrative tasks and supporting the function, as appropriate.
• Researching market trends.
You will be self-motivated, with an analytical mind, attention to detail and the ability to work under pressure. You will enjoy interfacing with a diverse range of people and have the ability to deliver on brief. Establishing credibility and rapport with the firm’s senior fee earners is something you will relish, and you will have credibility and good judgement. You will also enjoy working as part of a team and want to help create a dynamic and high performing marketing function.
Skills & experience
• Proven experience in a similar role
• Demonstrable experience of writing for a B2B audience
• Strong written and verbal communication skills backed up by a good knowledge of grammar and a fluent writing style.
• Experience with a partnership based business or similar would be desirable.
• Legal background or an understanding of IP would be desirable.
• Fully conversant with Microsoft Office.
• Experience of e-marketing software, such as Vuture, would be desirable.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where individual differences are celebrated, and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We do not tolerate discrimination either directly or indirectly on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, pregnancy and maternity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our approach is embodied in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, as well as our diversity and inclusion programmes.