We are a leading European intellectual property firm, acting for many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Our specialist teams are led by practitioners who have been at the forefront of the industry for years, acting in landmark cases before the EPO and the national courts of Europe.
We hire talented and passionate people who think creatively and enjoy a challenge. Working collaboratively, we share our knowledge and experience across teams, actively learning from each other in a friendly and sociable environment.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diversity of thought is vital to our business; it’s how we approach challenges differently and offer our clients creative and original solutions. Through our work with organisations such as IP Inclusive, Stonewall and Business in the Community via the Race at Work Charter, we are putting the right steps in place to make sure that all our people feel supported and empowered to be themselves Further information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion is available on our website.
A healthy work/life balance is very important to us and we run regular wellbeing events in addition to the large number of clubs and social activities that are available to everyone at the firm. We are also enthusiastic supporters of our local community through partnerships with the Social Mobility Foundation and Holborn Community Association.
The main focus of this role will be on the support, maintenance and development of our Inprotech Case Management System, alongside the current Records Systems Developers.
Our core business system Inprotech interacts with various other systems within the firm, including our Sharepoint DMS, Outlook, Word and our client facing website for National Validation instructions. As part of a wider development team, the successful candidate will also be involved with other projects, including the ongoing development and integration of our existing systems and implementation of new products with the aim of further automation and streamlining of our processes.
• Gain knowledge and understanding of the firm’s core business systems, primarily focused on Inprotech including Client/Server, Web and WebApps
• Development and maintenance of Inprotech, its rules, configuration and user interfaces
• Designing and development of reports from Inprotech as required by Partners and other members of the firm
• Data analysis, interpretation and reporting from various data sources
• Supporting users in the Records department
• Provide cover in absence of other team members
• Production of technical documentation for business-as-usual reporting and for projects, upgrades and production fixes
• Collaboration with developers in other departments
• Identifying areas where business systems can be used to better effect
• Building and sharing knowledge on technology solutions
• Any other tasks as reasonably required
Key skills and qualifications
• Clarivate/CPA Global Inprotech/Memotech
• Microsoft Office – Word, Excel and Outlook
o Preferably exposure to VBA/Macros
o Experience of data presentation e.g., Pivot Tables
• SQL Server:
o T-SQL querying skills including Stored Procedures and Functions
o SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS)
• Web Application Development (HTML, CSS, Js)
• ITIL Foundation
• Exposure to Project Methodologies
• CIPA Patent Administrator Certificate
The ideal candidate would:
• Have the ability to work on their own initiative with minimal guidance; self-starter and motivated
• Take a proactive approach with a 'can-do' attitude
• Work successfully as part of a team, sharing knowledge, collaborating with and supporting colleagues
• Be flexible in approach and adaptable to change; willingness to learn new skills
• Show resilience and remain calm under pressure
• Have an analytical mindset
• Be motivated, results and delivery focused with a commitment to quality of work
• Get involved with problem solving and suggest possible solutions
• Have strong written and verbal communication skills
• Be organised and able to manage their time effectively
• Have the ability to work to deadlines
Qualifications and background
The ideal candidate would be educated to degree level and/or have previous experience working in an IP firm or a regulated industry. However, this is not essential and we welcome candidates from a range of backgrounds with varied experiences.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where individual differences are celebrated, and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We do not tolerate discrimination either directly or indirectly on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, pregnancy and maternity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our approach is embodied in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, as well as our diversity and inclusion programmes.