We are a leading European intellectual property firm, acting for many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies. Our specialist teams are led by practitioners who have been at the forefront of the industry for years, acting in landmark cases before the EPO and the national courts of Europe.
We hire talented and passionate people who think creatively and enjoy a challenge. Working collaboratively, we share our knowledge and experience across teams, actively learning from each other in a friendly and sociable environment.
We are passionate about creating a diverse and inclusive workplace. Diversity of thought is vital to our business; it’s how we approach challenges differently and offer our clients creative and original solutions. Through our work with organisations such as IP Inclusive, Stonewall and Business in the Community via the Race at Work Charter, we are putting the right steps in place to make sure that all our people feel supported and empowered to be themselves Further information on our commitment to diversity and inclusion is available on our website.
A healthy work/life balance is very important to us and we run regular wellbeing events in addition to the large number of clubs and social activities that are available to everyone at the firm. We are also enthusiastic supporters of our local community through partnerships with the Social Mobility Foundation and Holborn Community Association.
What you can expect as Desktop Support Engineer (Level 1)
Reporting to the Service Desk Team Manager, you will be part of a team that is responsible for 1st and 2nd Line support queries, escalating as required to other members of the Technology team. You will proactively ensure that all employees receive exceptional customer service, and that support is performed with minimal business impact to the end user.
As a member of the Service Desk Team you will be supporting the Service Desk Team Leader in implementing a process of continual improvement. In addition, you will be involved with key technologies and will actively contribute to relevant projects.
• First point of contact for all IT support queries
• Dealing with incidents and service requests to agreed SLT’s
• Ensuring tickets and help centre articles within the ITSM tool are kept up to date
• Ensuring staff are kept up to date with progress of their call
• PC and laptop builds and other IT equipment moves around the building
• Printer and photocopier maintenance throughout firm (including replacement of consumables)
• Configuration and maintenance of mobile devices
• Escalating calls to specialist teams whenever necessary
• Perform hands-on tasks, e.g. installing, configuring and upgrading software, installing hardware, Desktop/Laptop deployment
• Configuring and supporting internal and client meeting rooms, IT and Audio Visual kit, including teleconferencing facilities and Webinar support
• Supporting virtual hearings in our state of the art hearing rooms in our London office
• System administration, e.g. creation of user accounts, deleting leaver accounts etc.
• Providing cover for and assistance to other members of the Technology department as required
• Project work within Technology department as required
Key Skills & Qualifications:
• Good understanding of PC and Printer hardware and software set-up and configuration
• Windows Desktop OS
• Microsoft Office packages (2019 or O365 desirable)
• Service Desk call logging systems
• Windows Servers, Active Directory & Exchange administration (desirable but non-essential)
• Microsoft Teams
• Adobe Suite including Acrobat
• Mobile device support
• Knowledge of unified comms suites; Zoom, WebEx, GTM
• ITIL V3 / V4 Foundation
What we are looking for:
• Previous experience in a relevant 1st & 2nd line support position, preferably within a busy ITIL service desk environment
• Excellent customer support skills both remotely and face to face
• Ability to explain technical issues to non-IT staff at a level appropriate to their own skill level
• Ability to adapt your communication style to suit the member of staff and situation when dealing with IT support issues
• A can-do and proactive attitude to problem solving
• Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise workloads
• Excellent communication skills and team working skills
• Ability to learn and retain new information
• Ability and willingness to keep up to date with new technologies and trends
The role will involve working in a shift pattern (between 07:00-19:00) on a rota basis. Some additional paid out of hours work will be required to facilitate desk moves/set-ups and upgrades.
We are proud of our inclusive culture where individual differences are celebrated, and we are committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees and job applicants. We do not tolerate discrimination either directly or indirectly on the basis of race, sex, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital or civil partnership status, age, disability, pregnancy and maternity, or any other characteristic protected by law. Our approach is embodied in our Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Policy, as well as our diversity and inclusion programmes.